The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers to encourage them to continue their work. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I received this nomination from
http://simplymejustbe.wordpress.com/. I am humbled and honored to have been nominated.
Thanks for the nomination Simply Me Just Be. . .
According to the nomination do the following:
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Post the award on your blog
Here are 11 Things about Myself:
1. I love to read. I am currently reading, “The Teaching of The 12”. . believing and practicing the primitive Christianity of the Ancient Didache Community by Tony Jones.
2. I am a Lay Passionist Associate under the auspices of the Province of St. Paul of the Cross Province, Passionist Order.
3. I am a double lung recipient as of Sept. 30, 2005.
4. I am married with 3 grown children and 4 grandchildren.
5. I have 2 cats, Tincy and Oreo.
6. I love to write, mostly essays about life, love, God.
7. My greatest joy is watching children learn and experience the joy of learning.
8. I sing in a choir even better now because of my new lungs.
9. I am curious about most everything, but in particular the development of Christianity from the time of Jesus to now.
10. Am so addicted to chocolate.
11. Used to be addicted to cigarettes. . .hence the new lungs. (don’t do it)
- My 11 questions are:
1. What is your favourite quote?
My favorite quote is: “The most wasted day of all is that on which you have not laughed” by Sebastian R. Chamfort.
2. What inspires you?
Life inspires me. . .breathing inspires me. As long as we have breath we have life. When we have life other people (children in particular), animals, creation inspires me.
3. What single moment had the greatest impact and has changed your life?
The day I was told I would need 2 new lungs or else I would die changed my life. It was then that I had to rethink what I was doing and how I was going to change it in order to live.
4. What is the greatest lesson you have learned recently?
I have learned that every day is not guaranteed, that we need to live life to its fullest because tomorrow may not come.
5. If you could have a day with anyone, who would that person be?
If I could have a day with anyone I would choose to spend it with Mary Magdalene. I admire this woman who is also my patron saint. I would love to know what it was like to be with Jesus. What was it like to talk with him and what did you learn from Him?
6. When was the last time you cried?
I cried about 4 weeks ago. My brother was going through some very difficult times and he called me to come to him because he didn’t feel he could go on living and needed reassurance, encouragement, a shoulder to cry on, to know someone loves him.
7. What is the first thing you would purchase if money was not object?
A small house all on one floor, instead of an old brick house with too many rooms for us now.
8. Do you have a bucket list and if so, what is number 1 on that list?
No, but it’s not a bad idea to start. . .I’ll have to think about what to put on it.
9. What song best describes you?
10. Savoury or sweet?
Sweet and Savoury. A well rounded person should have several good and perhaps opposing qualities. . .I don’t know, a ying/yang maybe.
11. What is your favourite book?
Mists of Avalon
- 11 Questions to Answer
1. Who is your mentor?
2. Who is your favorite author?
3. Where did you go on your best vacation and why?
4. Do you have a motto you live by?
5. If you could be anyone in the world (alive or dead), who would that be?
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. Newspapers, Internet News or Television News?
8. When do you do your best writing?
9. Morning person or night person?
10. Name one news story that fascinates you right now.
11. What would you want to do if you knew you had one week to live?
- I am pleased and honored to nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
“Thanks are due for all your comments, appreciation and devotion to the written word!”